Bivona Child Advocacy Center is a safe, welcoming place where children who have been sexually or physically abused can begin their journey of healing. More than 1,000 children are helped at Bivona each year.
- batteries: all sizes
- bedding: sheets, comforters, pillows (all sizes), new quilts or blankets
- bottled water, soda (cans), coffee, tea, sugar, creamer
- books, magazines (English and Spanish)
- color copier, small, for reception area
- diapers, Pull-Ups (all sizes)
- door alarms, batteries for door alarms
- duffel bags, totes, backpacks, gift bags
- electronic whiteboard
- first-aid supplies
- footballs, baseballs, caps with logos
- gas cards, bus tokens
- gift cards: Wegmans, Target, Tops, Walmart, OfficeMax, Salvatore's, Pita Pit, Lorraine's Lunch Box
- ink cartridges, Toshiba 203sd/Estudio 3530
- journals, drawing pads
- kitchen supplies: paper towels, paper plates, utensils, dishwasher soap, hand soap, cups, hand towels, sponges, baggies, foil, Saran wrap, Kleenex, etc.
- laptop computers (new)(2); PC computer with ability to burn a DVD from another DVD
- light bulbs: Phillips floodlight 50w, Westinghouse #04415/35Q/DC, fluorescent tubes: long and U-shaped
- monetary donations
- office supplies: copy paper, pens, markers, tape, raffle tickets, blank DVDs & CDs, envelopes, mailing labels, binders, highlighters, Post-it notes, staples, paper clips, etc.)
- personal care “goodie bags” (soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb/brush)
- prepaid cell phones
- prevention education tools
- scholarship for RATAC training ($250); sponsor a child for support group session
- snacks for children: e.g., individually-wrapped Goldfish packets, Ritz Bits, breakfast bars, pretzels, fruit cups, juice boxes (no candy)
- Specialty books including Spider Book, It's My Body, The Kid Trapper, My Body is Private, Beginning to Heal, Helping Your Child Recover from Sexual Abuse, and Understanding Children's Sexual Behavior
- sweatshirts, sweat pants, socks, flip-flops (all sizes 2T to teens)
- tickets to youth-friendly events, Seneca Park Zoo, Strong Museum, Strasenburgh Planetarium
- tools (small): screwdrivers, hammer, pliers, wrenches
- toys & games (all ages and ethnicities), handheld games, male dolls
- underwear for girls and boys (all sizes 2T to teens)
- used ink and laser cartridges for recycling
- videotaping equipment
- "What Now" brochures
Volunteers play a huge role at Bivona—they help with almost every aspect of our operation. Here are some of the ways you can help:
Reception Desk: greet families, answer phone. Basic computer skills are helpful.
General Office Work: familiar with copier, and with Microsoft Word and Excel computer programs.
Special Projects: help with mailings and preparations for special events.
Community Outreach: represent Bivona at various community events, usually by staffing Bivona information table.
We ask you to fill out a Volunteer Application and, because of the sensitive nature of our work with children, agree to a criminal background check.