Bivona Child Advocacy Center is a safe, welcoming place where children who have been sexually or physically abused can begin their journey of healing. More than 1,000 children are helped at Bivona each year.
- batteries: all sizes including AA, AAA, C, D, and 9-volt
- bottled water, soda (cans), coffee, sugar, creamer
- computers: laptop, desktop (4)
- diapers, Pull-Ups (all sizes)
- electronic whiteboard
- gift cards: Wegmans, Target, Tops, Walmart, OfficeMax, Salvatore's, Pita Pit, Lorraine's Lunch Box
- kitchen supplies: paper towels, paper plates, utensils, dishwasher soap, hand soap, etc.
- light bulbs: Phillips floodlight 50w, Westinghouse #04415/35Q/DC, fluorescent tubes: long and U-shaped
- magazine subscriptions for young teens
- medication lock boxes
- monetary donations
- office supplies: copy paper, pens, markers, tape, raffle tickets, etc.
- personal care “goodie bags” (soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, comb/brush)
- prepid cell phones
- quilts or blankets
- snacks for children: e.g., individually-wrapped Goldfish packets, Ritz Bits, breakfast bars, pretzels, fruit cups, applesauce cups, juice boxes (no candy)
- stuffed animals (new)
- tools (small): screwdrivers, hammer, pliers, wrenches
- used ink and laser cartridges for recycling
- videotaping equipment
Volunteers play a huge role at Bivona—they help with almost every aspect of our operation. Here are some of the ways you can help:
Reception Desk: greet families, answer phone. Basic computer skills are helpful.
General Office Work: familiar with copier, and with Microsoft Word and Excel computer programs.
Special Projects: help with mailings and preparations for special events.
Community Outreach: represent Bivona at various community events, usually by staffing Biivona information table.
We ask you to fill out a Volunteer Application and, because of the sensitive nature of our work with children, agree to a criminal background check.